We began our Mojo Mastery Month last night in a three-hour session that included nutritional education, cooking lessons and tasting. We ate the "Spinach Gomaae" created by chef Mara King, owner of Zuke Products, and I can't tell you how good it was. I will actually fantasize about this dish.
It's just spinach and the most amazing sesame sauce with freshly ground sesame seeds, tamari, honey and miring. It was divine.
The session was inspiring and motivating. This week we don't eliminate anything. We just add nutrition.
Our big to-dos on the list this week include:
- Drink more water, preferably purified
- Increase greens. I've already added kale and spinach to two meals today.
- Increase intake of smelly/sulfur veggies like cabbage, onions, brussel sprouts
- Drink herbal infusions made of oat straw, dandelion root, nettles and other herbs
- Eat quality which means whole foods, organic, clean, grass/pasture-fed, local
- Add fermented foods to meals like kimchi, kombucha, sour pickles, kefir and yogurt
- Snack on sea weed or add it to cooking
- Eat a hearty, healthy breakfast and consider eating your greens at this meal
I am motivated. My only fear? That I slack off. I want to stay strong on this. The testimonials of past participants are powerful and positive - the experience changes their health and lives.
Here we go.